Need health insurance for your child?

Dear Parent or Guardian,

If affordable health care is not readily available for your child, I would like to inform you of three services that might be of help:

  1. The Sadler Health Center, 100 N. Hanover Street in downtown Carlisle provides comprehensive medical and dental services regardless of insurance status if income criteria are met. You can stop in or call for an appointment to enroll: 717-218-6670.

  1. CHIP is Pennsylvania’s Children’s Health Insurance Program to provide insurance for all children under the age of 19 for working families who may not be eligible for Medical Assistance. No family makes too much money to qualify. You can call toll free at 800-986-KIDS or check the website and enroll on-line at

  1. Medical Assistance. You may also go to the County Assistance office any day between 7:00 AM and 2:00 PM at 33 Westminster Dr, which is just off Forge rd. going toward Boiling Springs. This is what you need to bring with you:

    1. Children’s birth certificates
    2. Children’s social security number
    3. Pay stubs from the last 30 days, or 90 days if you have it.
    4. Auto insurance information if you have a car
    5. Any unpaid medical bills from the past 3 months
    6. If you are pregnant, proof of pregnancy and due date

We hope this will be helpful to you.